Title

Friday, July 21, 2017

My Story

I have to admit that I knew nothing about investing before 2016. The only investing book I have read might be "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", which I don't really agree on. The only point I got from this book is that working as an employee paid with regular salary might be miserable at the end of life. This contradicts with all my education from my parents in my whole life.

Talking about myself, I was working as in the academic until I immigrated to Canada. It's really hard to save anything and afford a 3-person family for investing when you are only paid with minimum pay. So basically I landed on this land and started a life with my nothing in my pockets. Shamely saying, my bank account balance was reset as zero after I bought the air ticket for my our three. My parents supported me with 10,000 CAD. Otherwise, I have to find a job right after the landing.

The first two years was harsh for a new immigrant without industrial experiences. Although I found a job within two weeks, the payment was barely covering my daily express only. After one year work in a startup company, I finally got a permanent job in a small company as embedded programmer. The pay was not fair but I learned a lot in that company. I have served there for more than 2 years and finally, I got a contractor job offer. That job started to change my financial situation.

I finally have some money to save and I can share with my wife to reduce the tax paid to the government. From then, I started to read investing books and I'm thirsty about the investing knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment